Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy 2014! Here's to a bigger, badder (not bad meaning bad, but bad meaning good), healthier, and wealthier New Year!

I have to say last year and my fitness was very half-ass! very!  I'm ready to get back on point.

I went to the Doctor today and he said my blood pressure was 150/100 and he was super concerned, as was I.  So he said to either come back in in a day or two to take it again or monitor it myself and email him the numbers.

He suggested it may be due to the fact that I gained 21 pounds in one year.  And I agree. I need to take off at least 10 pounds for my health because I do not want to take blood pressure pills for the rest of my life. Plus I want to fit into this bathing suit.



So..how am I going to do it....

Liposuction of course!!! Ha ha..just kidding. I WISH I could afford lipo, but I can't! So I have to get my 21 pounds of extra lovin in the gym!  And eat right!  But the key is to stick with it.

I'm starting a 21 day 'cleanse' with a good friend and I will post my meal plan in a couple of days.  The basic premise is to eat only fish, poultry and fruits and veggies. No sugar, flour, dairy...and by flour that means no fried or breaded foods! If you eat any carb, it is in week 2 and it has to be a brown carb, so brown rice or sweet potatoes or whole wheat bread or pasta and just one serving per day.

Note: eggs are not dairy it is an animal by product, so that is okay on the diet. Oatmeal is considered a starch so you cannot eat that til week 2.

There is no alcohol on this diet, but if you met my son, you would understand the need..ha ha..just kidding. But I will eliminate alcohol the first week only.  The rest of the time I'll do my typical few glasses per week.

So stay tuned for the 21 day plan including recipes and my work outs!

Happy Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment